ILLINOIS COUNCIL OF THE BLIND 2014 FLOYD R. CARGILL SCHOLARSHIP FOR BLIND POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS
Application due August 6, cialis usa 2016
WHAT IS THE FLOYD R. CARGILL SCHOLARSHIP?
The ICB Floyd R. Cargill Scholarship is an award to an outstanding blind student enrolled in an academic, viagra buy vocational, technical or professional training program beyond the high school level. The Scholarship has been established to honor Floyd R. Cargill for his many contributions to the Illinois Council of the Blind and to blind and visually impaired people everywhere, particularly in promoting the use of braille.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN ICB SCHOLARSHIP?
All legally blind people enrolled in or under consideration for admission to post-secondary training programs for the 2016/2017 school year, who are U.S. citizens, Illinois residents, and who have submitted a completed application and all required supporting materials by the August 12, 2016 deadline, are eligible to be considered for the ICB Floyd R. Cargill Scholarship. Note that while you must be a resident of Illinois, you do not have to be attending school in Illinois.
HOW AND WHEN WILL THE ICB SCHOLARSHIP BE AWARDED?
The ICB Scholarship Committee will review applications and select a recipient by September 15, 2016. The committee will notify the recipient at that time. The recipient will receive his or her scholarship award in the amount of $750.00 shortly after award notification.
WHICH DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION?
- Completed application (typewritten or filled out on-line)
- Autobiographical sketch. No more than 2 double-spaced typewritten pages, containing information about you…tell us about your personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, honors, achievements, etc. Handwritten materials will not be accepted.
- Certification from a Doctor or Blindness Professional of your visual status.
- Certified transcripts from the school you are presently attending or most recently attended–undergraduates please include high school transcripts; graduate students please include undergraduate transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation from a current or recent instructor or counselor.
- Proof of acceptance in a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office, stating that they have been accepted or that they are under consideration for admission. (Students continuing at the same school do not need to submit this document.)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call ICB and speak with Maggie A. Mogged, the office manager at 217-523-4967, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please either fill out your application below on-line, or return your application to:
The Floyd R. Cargill Scholarship
Illinois Council of the Blind
P.O. Box 1336
Springfield, IL 62705